We spent last wednesday through sunday at one of my favorite spots on the planet... Horseshoe Bay!!! Our family has been able to use this amazing lake house (thanks to a friend of my dear uncle), for the last TWENTY years- and we now feel as though it is our very own. We get complete access to the boat, ski's, tubes, ... everything. The only thing is that I'm left wondering L why we only get to use OUR lake house once a year?? Not cool. :)
Speaking of tubing, Riley, my little four year old, got out on the tube in the middle of Lake LBJ like she was 10 or something!!! I was freaking out!!! She did have two slightly older girl cousins there to make her feel a bit older than she was. In fact, by the end of the trip, she was using words I've never heard her say. For example, she walked out of one of the bedrooms with Alyssa's CD player and headphones on and said, "Mom, can you find 'Boom Boom Pow'?"!!!! Seriously!!!!
And my sweet Jace was, well, ... One of my cousins, Brian, told me he was glad to see that I had a male drama king. Jace would go from the pool one minute, to the lake, to the beach, to the jet ski, ect... all the while kind of whining and moaning about nothing. It was awesome and I know my extended family enjoyed listening. Who doesn't want to go to the lake for a nice relaxing weekend and listen to the constant whimpers of a two year old???
We did have a blast though, and ate more food than I would have thought humanly possible. Oh, I do have to share this because its great... we had one night where the cousins were all supposed to cook, they called it the Generation X meal. Guess what we had??? Leftovers!!!! :):) We pulled everything out of the fridge, put it on paper plates and called it a day. Thank you very much.
Here are some pics from our getaway!! :)
6 comments:
It looks like ya'll had a blast! The lake is so much fun for everyone. It was great seeing you at the movies today. We need to get together soon!
So jealous...I enjoyed staying here in the 150 degree heat! But, you know me, I would of been just like Riley and Jace in those pics...wearing a life jacket!! Especially if you were driving the jet ski...
Katie! Looks like y'all are having such a fun summer!! :) Your kiddos are too cute! I love your description of Riley acting all grown up...
Cute! Riley is a girl after my own heart! XOXO
How fun! I love Horseshoe Bay!
Oh and by the way, HOORAY for the bachelorette this week!
Post a Comment