Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th of July, in PICTURES! :)

"And I'm proud to be an American, 
  Where at least I know I'm free  
    And I won't forget the men who died
    Who gave that right to me
    And I gladly stand up
. . next to you and defend her still today
    Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
        God bless the USA!"

Lee Greenwood, obviously :)


 My friends and I totally made up a dance to this song in my garage when I was in the 5th grade- it was awesome.  I always wonder why no one wants me to make my routine a yearly staple... it must not have the same affect without my back-up dancers.

Anyway, moving on... we had a SPECTACULAR July 4th!!!  I have decided to give you an idea of the days events through pictures.

We begin at 9:30am- parade in downtown Bryan... all the kids decorated their bikes and wagons and rode around the park with Lady Liberty and Ben Franklin (? I think) leading the way.

This is Riley, Jace, Lindy and Ben (cousins).  They were ready to go! :)

Our little patriotic family at the parade... Jace was very insistent on waving the pom pom around and refused to stop for the picture.

Leaving the parade and headed to Mamma and Daddy Mike's for our first big meal gorge of the day!

This meal was AWESOME, complete with a homemade cupcake contest... for kids AND adults!  Unfortunately, and this is a sore subject, my cupcake did not place.  I even used props (thanks Dawn), and not even one vote.  However, the show must go on.

For some reason I don't have any pictures of our afternoon activities... we went to Jordan's aunt and uncles house for some quality pool time and an outside bar-b-que!!  Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, dips, and cherry pie!!!  And yes, I did partake in all of the above. A few times.

After our second meal gorge, we all got on our bikes, and headed out to the firework show on the A&M campus.  Now, please take time to formulate a mental picture here.  We had about 20 people on bikes, 2 bike trailers, 1 bike seat attachment, and 1 tandem bike that 2 people were riding.  We literally needed a police escort to cross George Bush!   It was a blast though, and we made it to the fireworks in time to pick prime seats.

Jace and Cameron waited patiently for the fireworks to start... they are too cute! :)

And speaking of prime seating, Jordan had the great idea to stuff is behind in the kiddos bike trailer for the big show!!!  It was hilarious watching him get in and out of there!! :):)  

Finally the fireworks started and the kids loved telling everyone their favorite colors and adding their special effects...  and Jace would constantly remind people that they were "kind of loud" and they "kind of hurt his ears".  We left the show around 10:50pm, and both kids fell asleep in the bike trailer on the bike ride home.  They got in bed around  11pm and then woke up at their regularly scheduled time (7 am!)!  What is that about!!? :)

We did have a great 4th, and I really hope you did too!! :):):)

1 comments:

Kim and Scott said...

I love all of the patriotic pics! We had the same experience with late to bed and early to rise. At least they had fun, right?!?