Everyone, please go to your special place and pray. :) That is exactly what I am doing right now.
Dear Lord,
As you know, tomorrow, we are leaving around lunch time to go to some of our friends wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner in Wimberly. We are super excited, but my tummy is kind of nervous at the same time because RILEY is the FLOWER GIRL!!! When did she become old enough to be the flower girl??? That is a side topic we can discuss later.
When I think about this weekend, the images rotating through my head are all of weddings that were completely ruined by the little people if you know what I mean. I know that all the bride really cares about is how she looks, how her future husband looks at her, and if there is any lipstick on her teeth... and I doubt the groom really cares a hill of beans what some little four-year old does or does not do. He is mainly concerned with what he and his almost wifey will be doing later. HOWEVER, me, the mother of the little 4-year old, DOES care, and PRAYS that she will do a great job!!!
Please, oh please, let my Riley walk down the aisle in a straight line without twitching this way and that because her dress is itchy and her hose are falling down. And please, if it's not too much to ask, let her at least crack a little smile- I'm not asking for full-on teeth, just that the corners of her mouth are going up.
If she can get from the beginning of the aisle to the end fully in-tact and acting polite, I will give her all the cake she wants at the reception. Even if it has nuts in it.
This is my prayer for this weekend, as well as NEXT weekend where she will be flower girl-ing for a second wedding. I will say another prayer for that one later, this saturday is my top priority at the moment.
Thank you Lord for listening, and hearing a mommy's heart spoken words!! :):) I love you.
AMEN.
3 comments:
She will do great! I can't wait to see pictures of her.
Who is that girl in the picture? That doesn't look like my little Riley, more like some 5th grader.
And really the only thing I'm worried about during the wedding is Jace running down the aisle and tackling Riley and Cameron because he wants to be a part of the gang!!
YOUR PRAYER WAS ANSWERED!!
I know you will probably blog about it later...but they couldn't of done better!! It was PERFECT!
Post a Comment