Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A LOT like Christmas!



OK, so instead of trying to recap everything I haven't written about from right before Thanksgiving until now, I am going to move on, count it as loss (for me and my records, not for you), and chalk it up to the fact I am excessively pregnant and irritable. :)  Sound good? 

Well, along with many of you, I absolutely LOVE AND ADORE Christmas!  Everything about it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  And what I am now finding is how incredibly special it is to share it with my own kids and family.  Today Riley told me that her favorite time of year is Christmas because thats when Jesus was born for us so we can live forever in Heaven with Him.  Isn't that precious? Jace said he loves Christmas because he gets to open presents and he hopes Santa brings him a punching bag.  At least he was honest. :)

So today, being the perfect day to stay inside and make hot chocolate and not change out of our pajamas, ever... we built our gingerbread house.  Honestly, this is a success purely because it is still standing.  Last year our house caved in on itself pretty much the moment we finished decorating it.  I think they did a pretty good job! :)




Many of my friends have been posting pics of their homes all decked out in Christmas splendor so I thought I'd join in on the fun!  Our tree is a total conglomeration (kind of like those jello salads you always have at Thanksgiving that you have NO IDEA what all is in it) of grown-up ornaments, kids ornaments, and my pre-kids attempt to have a completely golden Christmas tree.  And you know what, I love it! :)  There is this one ornament of 3 Aggie football players all huddled together.... well, each year Jace has dropped it and appendages are slowly falling off.  It's hysterical!  He just CAN'T NOT TOUCH IT!


And my last pictures are really to document that I actually TRIED to make the Christmas garland!  You see, one of my friends, Amy (who has a blog but totally ignores it) made a "Thanksgiving ragamuffin garland" and hung it over her fireplace.  She just ripped various pieces of fabric and ribbon (I had no idea fabric even ripped) and tied it around a thick piece of rope.  It looked so festive and adorable! So I tried my hand at a Christmas themed one!  It's one of those fun projects you can do while watching tv that requires no thought what-so-ever.  It was tricky to photograph, so hopefully you can get the gist of it.


Now, I think I'll start wrapping some presents to put under my tree!  Seriously, I think I have an addiction because this might be my favorite thing to do in the whole world!  I'll even wrap up things like new socks and undies, just because everything is more special wrapped in darling paper and topped with a homemade bow and personalized tags!  LOL!

1 comments:

Kara said...

Katie, I love all your Christmas decorations....and your garland turned out SO cute! I haven't done any of my wrapping so you are welcome to come help anytime :)