Well, my sweet husband's birthday is right around the corner, thursday to be exact, and he will be turning the big 30!!!! I still can't believe the gangly 15 year old BOY I fell in love with so many years ago in Driver's Ed., is now my precious husband, the father of our 3 crazy children, and about to be THIRTY years old!! Time really does fly, and I'm so blessed to be sharing it with him.
Anyway, since this is a pretty special birthday, I wanted to do something fun and unexpected. I have been saving up all my tutoring money, for the past, well, forever (I tutor ESL kiddos on the side) and making a birthday fund for Jordan's big day! A few months ago I found some super cheap airfare to Denver, and my aunt has a cabin in Frisco (like 10 minutes outside of Breckenridge), and my mind began to race. Cheap Airfare + Free Lodging= PERFECT VACATION and BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!
So to tie this all back to the random letters at the top of the post... :) I gave him a box sunday night with nothing but these letters, and a card that told him when he figured out the clue, he would know what I got him for his birthday. I wanted to do it a little early so he could get everything with the business all figured out. So first he complained that it was impossible to do, without knowing how many words it was, ect... then, a few hours later, he looked at it again, got "birthday" and then totally put it all together!!! I was shocked!! Then of course he started saying how smart he was and blah blah blah. :) But even after he figured out the phrase, he still kept asking me what it meant!!?? It was hilarious!!!!
What do you think this means???
Exactly. A birthday in the mountains!! :)
We leave saturday morning and get back tuesday evening. I am so pumped to be able to do this, and all I can say is COME ON SATURDAY!! :) I love you babe!!!
4 comments:
Cannot believe you have shared so much of your lives together (give or take a few years...but who is counting??) What a fun idea!! Are you taking the kids?
SO fun!! I mean, you have literally known him half of his life! (and yours too...crazy!!) Have so much fun! I gave Dave a trip to Tahoe! He was shocked...but we have to wait until June. :( Take lots of pictures!!
What a fun getaway and I LOVE the way you used the scrabble letters and clues. I am going to have to file that idea away to use when I have the chance! :) Have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it!
Katrina... we are NOT taking kiddos!! :) That means no one can yell for me to wipe their bottoms for a whole 4 days!!! :)
Tiff- Tahoe will be amazing!!!! What an awesome gift!
Beth- I totally stole the scrabble idea from my aunt... it really way fun! :)
Post a Comment