Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Coupons are a girls best friend...

Well, that might be over-doing it a little.

Jordan, I'll still take diamonds/expensive jewelry any day over a stack of discounted food items.

That being said, I just have to toot my own horn for a minute...

I have posted once before about my new adventures in the world of couponing, and now, I think I am getting the hang of it!  Today, Jace and I went to Kroger while Riley was at preschool  and did some major damage (and I'm not just talking about the end-cap he knocked over or the 13 free cookies he ate from the sampler platter), but I saved like 40% on my total bill!

I bought $85 worth of groceries and only paid $50!  

Do you hear the angels singing!!??  I know it sounds silly to be so excited about saving $35, but I AM!!! 

 Today Jordan and I went to Double Dave's (God Bless America) for lunch with Jace.  We got the lunch buffet (again, God Bless America), and I ended up stuffing 4 pepperoni rolls in my purse to eat at a later time just to make my $7.50 buffet price count. :)  Not my proudest moment, but none-the-less, a profitable one. :)  Soooo, my point in all of that is right now in my life, we need a dollar to stretch, and I mean really stretch.  And it looks like my coupon clipping is just what the doctor ordered. :)

Go team!! :):)

Now I'm done.

3 comments:

Liz said...

YOU RULE. Where do you get your coupons... the Sunday paper??

Kim and Scott said...

Woo Hoo!!! I did good with the coupons at Kroger the other day, too! You go girl!:)

Beth LoSurdo said...

AWESOME...I love your blog posts...they make me laugh. How does all this coupon business work?...the Sunday paper coupons never seem to be items I need. What's the trick?