Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Breckenridge, Colorado 2009



  We just got back from the best vacation ever!!!  We went to Breckenridge, CO with my parents, brothers, aunt and two cousins... and had a blast.  Our house was on the side of a mountain with views that would take your breath away.  I throughly enjoyed sitting by the big window in the living room and reading "Twilight", the entire 400 pages (thanks Amy and Suz). :)  Jordan made fun of me day in and day out- in fact, I woke up really early the last morning to finish the book so he wouldn' t see me reading anymore! :)

  Back to our vacation though...



  Riley LOVED the snow and was a little dare devil!  She went sledding down this steep hill all by herself- even falling off once and eating some snow.  She loved throwing snowballs and making snowangles.  And especially SLEDDING!  Take a peek at her video...




  Jace, he was a bit of a different story. :)  Bless his heart, he was so bundled up, he could hardly move.  And anytime he fell over, he would just sit and cry "I'm cold!".  He did start to warm-up by the last day though, and took part in a big snowball fight.  I am betting next year he will loving the snow.




  We went snowmobiling, sledding, some skiing, and ate more good food than we should have!!  Like I said, best vacation ever. :)

8 comments:

Kim and Scott said...

Katie, I am so happy to see you blogging!!! Your trip sounds like it was such a blast. I can't wait to see your next post!

The Wests said...

Yay for blogs, Katie! I love it, especially the header! You'll have to give me some tips! Glad you had fun on your trip.

The Nixon Family said...

i love your blog. you'll love blogging- it's a great wait to journal and document life. i'll keep checking back.

The Newton's said...

Yeah!! The blog looks great! I am so excited you have entered the world of blogging!

Liz said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE keeping up with you and seeing pics of your kiddos.

And don't let Jordan give you any grief about "tween vamp novels"... Daniel has been making fun of me since I read all 4 of them last summer on vacation (including standing in line at midnight... while on vacation with his family in Maine... to get the last one). But they're so fun, you just can't help yourself.

XOXOXOXO

Beth LoSurdo said...

I LOVE your blog Katie!! It's so fun to see what you are up to!! and...I just finished Twilight as well and could NOT put it down!! :)

Katrina said...

I had no idea you were a blogger! I am so excited. I miss you friend.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your link! Your blog looks awesome! DARLING family pic from vacay! Riley and Jace are so precious! And I would love a girls weekend. Anytime! And you're welcome to steal content anytime you wish. :) I still laugh that your family thought you wrote bachelor recaps for 3 years. ha!

Thank you facebook and blogging for reconnecting us! XOXO